Role Purpose: develop the overall Earth Observation business in Europe, targeting year on year growth of sales and order intake whilst defining the long term strategic direction. Develop a network of distributors, and trusted partners to drive application based data sales. Manage the regional team promoting a positive, forward thinking and focused working philosophy, leading by example.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities: the Regional Sales Director is expected to be:
- Responsible for the sales revenue targets, order intake and strategic direction of the region.
- Identifying, cultivating, winning and growing business in Earth Observation and related application domains throughout the region.
- Responsible for the management and development of the regional team, consisting of; Regional Sales Managers, Key Account Managers, Senior Sales Coordinator & Customer Experience. Mentor individuals by delivering regular feedback and performance reviews, fostering a strong team ethos.
- Leading the company`s full range of Business Development and sales activities related to EO data, value-added information products/applications and services.
- Develop and own the regional sales and marketing plan, to include; regional trends, competition, marketing ‘plan on a page’, events, sales forecasts and 3-5 year plan.
- Implement and performance manage the reseller network in region, including cultivating mutually beneficial partner relationships.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders in sales, marketing, contracts, engineering, operations, and finance - as well as with the company’s external partners, subcontractors, and agents.
- Responsible for 100% mandatory use of CRM within the team for all customer/reseller/partner meeting interfaces, updating the sales pipeline regularly resulting in a weekly ‘regional dashboard’.
- Responsible for gathering customer needs, working with customers to understand their workflows feeding back to the EO Product Manager, sales, marketing and senior management team.
- Carefully balance the company’s needs to win new business whilst managing risk.
- Deliver weekly and monthly regional report updates on sales performance and marketing activities to Global Business Development Director.
- Coordinate the regions selling efforts, bids, RFI/RFP responses
- Develop and own large strategic accounts in the region
- Manage the regional team on a day to day basis
- Implement regional BD sales and marketing activities
- Develop and implement the regional sales & marketing plan
- Manage reseller channel, partners and key strategic relationships
- Ensure the mandatory use of CRM to reflect the regions activities
KPI Target Metrics
- Maintain and grow EO market share, in the region.
- Increase revenue and profitability through the EO portfolio.
- Increase customer loyalty and repeat business.
10 years + sales experience, with proven results in multiple customer facing roles. Target driven with strong interpersonal skills including team management, coupled with a strong business focus and aptitude to cope with the pressure of a target driven environment. Ability to lead from the front and influence at senior levels, with a high level of negotiation skills. Highly customer oriented with initiative and willingness to learn, as well as good decision making and time management skills. Advanced planning and management knowledge plus excellent presentation and communication skills. Excellent knowledge of Earth Observation, Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System technologies and applications preferred. Secondary language skills an asset.
Available to travel internationally on a regular basis in excess of 50%