Role Purpose: The Industry Manager is responsible for developing the EO business within the Agriculture & Environment industry. The role consists of defining and owning the industry sales and marketing plan, go-to-market strategy, targeted product offers based on customer needs, pricing, and executing the marketing plan. Lead the definition of user requirements from potential new space systems and innovative products, driving growth in market share and product development for the Industry. Be the ‘customer voice’ to build profitable product offers, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, and focus on delivery to customers. Be the liaison between Sales and Technical teams to ensure the customer requirements are understood, valued and delivered, ultimately creating profitable, successful products. Customer facing as well as having a technical appreciation, the role has close interaction with key customers, sales, marketing, development, and operations.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities: The Industry Manager – Agriculture & Environment is expected to: Responsible for the development and execution of the Industry roadmap.
- Responsible to define product offers in the industry based on customer needs and priorities, working with the Sales, technical teams and the product portfolio manager.
- Support sales and reseller partners to achieve the operational plan (OP) revenue for the Agriculture & Environment industry offers. (TBC €).
- To own, define and deliver the sales & marketing plan for the industry executing communications by working with the Marketing team.
- Gather insight from the Industry to develop product offers, also feeding insight back to marketing & sales. Attend specific events and support customer meetings.
- Build the industry competition landscape and regional dynamics, stay up to date with the industry news, and new business models, gathering market intelligence to influence our own product developments.
- Use CRM regularly to view insight from Sales & customer activities.
- Contribute to define customer requirements for the Product Portfolio Manager to build the product development roadmaps.
- Be the ‘voice of the customer’ driving new Earth Observation products in the industry.
- Collaborate with all relevant internal departments, Operations, Sales & Marketing, Finance and Legal to ensure specific customer requirements are met, impact on processes and delivery of final products.
- Deliver business cases (new) and business case reviews (existing) for the products, prioritizing features and functionality focusing on key customer requirements and ROI.
- Contribute to the building and the update of the Sales OP yearly.
- Be an ‘Industry Evangelist’ and promote to internal stakeholders including direct knowledge transfer to sales teams and the reseller network by contributing to training.
KPI Target Metrics
- Grow market share in Agriculture industry for the portfolio of products.
- Increase products revenue and profitability in the industry.
- Increase customer loyalty and satisfaction scores.
Education and Requirements
- More than 5 years of experience in the Agriculture/Environmental market with detailed market insights and business network.
- University degree or equivalent in Technical Areas (Remote Sensing, Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautic, Physics, Geology, Geography etc.) MBA or equivalent will be considered an asset.
- A background in geospatial markets, enterprise platform markets, and geospatial/enterprise business models is strongly desired
- Relevant work experience in Earth Observation products, GIS and product development methodologies.
- Command of English is mandatory, other languages are an asset
- Expertise in Agriculture, Environmental and geo-spatial data, in particular precision analytics applications is key.
- Entrepreneur-spirited and ability to think creatively
- Be proactive and able to take the initiative
- Self-confidence and good communication skills in an international and interdisciplinary team, openness to other cultures
- Customer focused with the ability to translate requirements into value propositions
- Strategic thinker and commercially focused
- Technical appreciation of Earth Observation imagery products
- Excellent presentational, written and verbal communication skills
- Persuasive, with the ability to negotiate
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and comfortable with numbers and business cases
- Capacity to prioritize, adaptable and flexible, autonomous
Available to travel internationally on a regular basis in excess of 30%