Role Purpose: Responsible to drive profitable growth through the management, development and creation of products in the Deimos Imaging portfolio. Define and implement products in line with the company strategy and the targets defined in the Sales Operational Plan (OP). Strategize and develop innovative products for various markets that will drive better overall product revenues, market share, competitiveness, and brand image over the long term. Be the liaison between Sales and Technical teams to ensure the customer requirements are understood, valued and delivered, ultimately creating profitable, successful products. Customer facing as well as having a technical appreciation, the role has close interaction with key customers, sales, marketing, development, and operations.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
The Product Portfolio Manager is expected to:
- Responsible to define the product portfolio strategy and roadmap for Earth Observation, in line with company vision.
- Be the ‘voice of the customer’ driving new Earth Observation products in new and existing markets.
- Collaborate with all relevant internal departments, Operations, Sales & Marketing, Finance and Legal to ensure customer requirements are met, impact on processes and delivery of final products.
- Define and deliver the ‘go-to-market’ for all products in the EO portfolio, collaborating with the Sales and Marketing teams, mindful of regional market differences.
- Responsible for defining and coordinating the Pangeo alliance products, working with the Pangeo BD Manager.
- Be responsible for the management of the entire Product Development Life Cycle (introduction, growth, maturity, decline and exit) with periodical review of the performance.
- Deliver business cases (new) and business case reviews (existing) for the products, prioritizing features and functionality focusing on key customer requirements and ROI.
- Develop pilots with early-stage products for internal and external customers to gain key product feedback.
- Be responsible for the “P&L” of the products, including pricing, licensing & T’s & C’s.
- Contribute to the building and the update of the Sales OP yearly.
- Be a ‘Product Portfolio Evangelist’ and promote to internal stakeholders including direct knowledge transfer to sales teams and the reseller network by contributing to training.
- Be responsible for creating and maintaining the product information within the portfolio.
- Stay up to date with industry news, competitive intel and new business models, gathering market intelligence to influence our own product developments.
KPI Target Metrics:
- Product Knowledge
- Grow market share for the portfolio products.
- Increase products revenue and profitability.
- Increase customer loyalty and satisfaction scores.
Education and Requirements:
- University degree or equivalent in Technical Areas (Remote Sensing, Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautic, Physics, Geology, Geography etc.) MBA or equivalent will be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a commercial, marketing or product development role.
- A background in geospatial markets, enterprise platform markets, and geospatial/enterprise business models is strongly desired
- Relevant work experience in Earth Observation products, GIS and product development methodologies.
- Command of English is mandatory, other languages are an asset
- Customer focused with the ability to translate requirements into value propositions
- Strategic thinker and commercially focused
- Technical appreciation of Earth Observation imagery products
- Excellent presentational, written and verbal communication skills
- Persuasive, with the ability to negotiate
- Capacity to prioritize, adaptable and flexible, autonomous
- Available to travel internationally on a regular basis in excess of 30%